Friday, November 12, 2021

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 11 - Continued)

Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

ACROSS CANADA … Winnipeg and the Prairies (Part Two)

After a successful visit to the Assiniboine Zoo, we climbed back into our van for the long trek across the Prairies. Someone once told me that it was the most boring time that they had ever taken. To me, a city boy, it was one of the most exciting! The fact that you could see for miles ahead was awesome. Passing through the small prairie towns with their tall granaries towering in the distance were a sight to see. Judi and I took numerous photographs! Many have become inspirations for some of Judi’s paintings. Along the way we stopped in search of towns such as Swift Current to visit the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Regina to visit the Plains Museum. Our over night stop over was at Riding Mountain National Park. Here we found peace and solitude! The remainder of the trip was uneventful and we entered Alberta with great expectations. We were about to stand a few yards from the QUEEN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment