Thursday, June 24, 2021

Looks Can Be Deceiving...

 Did you ever go somewhere or plan to do something and have a pre-conceived notion of how it was going to look or what was going to happen?  I’m sure that this happens to us all at some time or other.  Visiting as many festivals and events as we do, Judi and I are quite often surprised.  Sometimes negatively, but most often in a positive manner!  Some of our “discoveries” are greater than others.  Take the Norwood Fall Fair as an example.  If you have ever been to Norwood, you would know that it is a very small rural community.  I don’t know the exact population, but it's not large.  So, when Judi and I decided to visit the Norwood Fall Fair, my expectations were not that high.  Boy, was I wrong!  This was a fantastic event, large, well organized and definitely worth visiting!  I really should have guessed that it would be a great event, because their website was one of the best I’d seen.  Like the fair itself, it was clean, well organized and informative.  Others events through the years have also impressed and surprised us, but I think the Norwood Fall Fair surprised us the most!  I guess the moral is, don’t pre-judge an event, you may miss something really special!

No comments:

Post a Comment