Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Birth of the Festival Nomad (Part Two)

I said to Judi, “I want to share our experiences with others. I am going to write a Blog!” She said, “… a WHAT?” I explained to her what I had in mind and what a Blog was. Once she completely understood, she was in full agreement. When we got home I started pouring over all the Festival and Event information I could find. With Judi’s help, we created an itinerary for the next few months. We started to make lists of what we needed to take with us on our visits, how we would get to these events and what we would do when we got there. I went onto each festival’s website and printed off the sections I thought would be helpful. Finally I got down to writing my first festival blog. It, of course, was about the Elmvale Maple Syrup Festival. I asked my friends and family to read the article. They all gave me great feedback! They told us it was a worthwhile idea and to keep going. That was all the encouragement we needed. We were going to travel around Ontario Communities looking for great festivals and events to visit and adventures. From that moment on, The Festival Nomad or should I say Nomads were born!

Since then (2007). Judi and I have visited over 500 communities, festivals, events, fairs, museums, heritage sites and attractions! We have met 1000’s of interesting people and have loved every minute of it. Ontario Visited websites are a labour of love and we are proud that our little festival blog has turned into successful websites, which attract 100,000’s of web visitors from around the world, each year. Here’s to another 10 years of great adventures!
As an added note, this past spring, on the 10th anniversary of our first "Ontario visit", we traveled back to Elmvale (a little shorter travel this time) and enjoyed their Elmvale Maple Syrup Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment