Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Sunset Cruises – Captain Randy Potts (Part Two)


So here I was, standing on the bare deck of the Peerless II, as Randy described what he had already done, what was left to do and what it was going to be like when he was finished. Back on the Idyllwood, Randy showed me photographs of the restoration so far. As I said before, I couldn’t believe my own eyes! The work that had been done was incredible, and to think Randy was working alone during most of the restoration!
After a number of unforeseen delays, the PEERLESS II was launched and the “new” history of this unique ship began.
Several years have passed since the “restoredPeerless II’s first maiden voyage. Judi and I have been fortunate enough to have enjoyed a few Peerless II cruises on the Muskoka Lakes. As always, Captain Randy regaled passengers with endless tales of “Muskoka Lake facts and legends”.
It will be fun and inspiring to see what’s next for this amazing Muskoka Lakes pioneer!



No comments:

Post a Comment