Thursday, June 18, 2020

Artists’ Series – Marg Lamendeau (Part 1)

This is a series about Canadian artists I have know, and worked with.

I can’t remember the exact circumstances of meeting Marg and Kenny Lamendeau. I think Marg had enquired about becoming an exhibitor at the Cobourg Waterfront Festival in the Lions/Lioness Art Show and Sale. Whatever the circumstances, we formed a closed bond shortly thereafter. Marg became a valued customer and Marg and Kenny became close friends! Marg was one of the top selling artists at the Cobourg Show and was always in the top 5 in sales. Cobourg wasn’t the only show she exhibited at. AS a matter of fact, I think they were at one show or another almost every weekend during the summer and fall months. It was a very tough schedule and one that they tired of after several years on the road. I think the funniest moment in our relationship came when I was delivering a load of freshly framed prints to her at one of the International Plowing Matches.

To be continued in Part 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment