Friday, January 28, 2022

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 21)

Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

ACROSS CANADA … Waterton Lakes National Park

Waterton Lakes National Park is one of our most favourite places to visit! Waterton Lakes is one of the lesser-known National Parks in Alberta and is the most southern. It actually borders Montana's Glacier National Park. To me, it is the most beautiful and peaceful of Alberta's parks. Both Banff and Jasper draw more visitors and both are certainly more "commercial". Waterton has managed to maintained its rustic appeal. Judi and I loved visiting this wonderful park. When we first arrived, we stopped to view the lake that is located in the middle of Waterton Village. As we walked along the water's edge, we all of a sudden noticed two mule deer standing close-by motionless with their heads down sipping water! Even when they saw us, they didn't move until they had finished drinking. Then they moved off in a slow pace! It was all surreal and something we will never forget! Our stay in Waterton Lakes National Park was all too short. It was time to return to Calgary and have some fun at the Calgary Stampede! 

No comments:

Post a Comment