Thursday, March 5, 2020

The Shaw Festival… Part One

I think anyone who has ever visited Niagara-on-the-Lake has heard of the Shaw Festival! Judi and I have been visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake for years. We had heard a lot about the Shaw Festival, but never really knew it and what it could offer! 

That is, until Judi decided to give me a surprise anniversary gift! Judi had sold quite a number of her original paintings at the Cobourg Waterfront Festival and had earned some extra money. She decided to spend it on a surprise anniversary present. The present, you guessed it, was a romantic weekend in Niagara-on-the-Lake! And, the weekend included tickets to a play at the Shaw! Judi had planned everything and wouldn’t tell me anything! 

This silence even included directions to where we were going! Once we were on the Q.E.W. highway and heading towards Buffalo, it finally dawned on me where we might be going, but I still wasn’t sure and I had no idea what was in store for me! Our destination was the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake and once we arrived, Judi instructed me to drive to the main town park. 
Continued in Part Two...

No comments:

Post a Comment