Friday, October 15, 2021

When in doubt…turn right…again!

 Okay, so I’ll admit it! I got us lost! We left the Rockton World’s Fair on our way to the Norfolk County Fair and Horse Show and I got us lost! I turned right (at the advice of Judi’s festival tips – “When in doubt Turn Right) when I should have turned left! However, when you really think of it, her festival tip actually was correct, because every time we came to a dead end, I turned “Right” and finally, after a lot of "Rights", we were on the “Right” road to Simcoe and the Norfolk County Fair. All through the trip we used all manner of “help”! First we turned to the “Google Map” directions that I had printed off before our trip began. I must admit that I was quite tired when I brought the directions up on the Google Map. I had reversed the directions and had us traveling from Simcoe (Norfolk Fair) to Rockton! Bad move, this really messed up my sense of direction! Everything was reversed. To make matters worse, my natural “internal” compass, seemed to be broken that day! That’s when we started to use Judi’s “Festival Tips”! We turned “Right”! The “turn” after traveling a few miles, didn’t seem “Right”! Confused yet? That’s when we brought out the “BIG” North American Road Map! The roads shown on the map didn’t look anything like what we were experiencing. All too quickly we came to a “dead-end”. We turned “Right”! After determining that the “BIG” map wasn’t going to help, Judi rummaged in a bag she had been given at the Rockton Fair. It contained an area map! We were saved! Or at least, so I thought. The roads on this map showed a little better! I were cautiously optimistic! Before we could really get our bearings, we came to another “dead-end”. Oh no! We turned “Right”! As we travelled in our new direction, we started to see some familiar landmarks. There was the church, the farm, the service centre, all familiar! We had just travelled in a complete circle! That’s when we started seeing signs saying “Simcoe this way”! I looked over at Judi; there was a very satisfied "smug" look on her face! The words “When in doubt, turn right” hung in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment