Friday, April 8, 2022

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 31)

 Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

Southeastern Wildlife Exposition … (Part Five)

Oh, What a Night…

The Preview Night Gala took place in the main venue. Fabulous food creations were scattered amongst exceptional original art. As I walked up and down each row, I was treated to treasures that satisfied both my stomach and my soul. Within the rows each artist had a booth to display her/her own original art. To see so much talent was breath taking. As I walked along to admire the art at each booth, I was able to stop to talk with its creator. It has always fascinated me on how an artist decides what to paint and then how to arrive at the finished piece. No two artists are the same, each is different from the other and yet they all seem to have the same kind of the passion required to produce a masterpiece. The great advantage of the Preview Night is that it gave us the opportunity to really meet and talk to the artists without the feeling of being rushed. Art was not the only attraction at the gala, Jack Hanna, one of America’s best-known naturalists, was on hand with a number of his best friends. Jack was definitely centre stage and if you were patient enough you could talk to him about his animals and then have your picture taken with him and them… I was (patient) and did (talk and photo). With so much art to admire and so many artists to talk with, the evening past all too quickly. Reluctantly we took our leave and headed back to our motel.

Tomorrow would be another busy day… the real Exposition was about to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment