Saturday, April 16, 2022

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 32)

 Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

Southeastern Wildlife Exposition … (Part Six)

The Real Show Starts…

The Preview days and nights are all about art. The final days are all about the celebration of nature and its wildlife. During the day, downtown Charleston hosts many events such celebrations. After exploring the original and limited-edition art all morning and after a pleasant lunch with friends, I decided to attend Jack Hanna’s wildlife presentation. It was not only very enjoyable (Jack is a great entertainer) but it was truly informative. After the show I wanted to explore the other activities. The festival provides a transportation system that can take you to any event you want to see. After investigating a number of activities, I took the bus back to the main venue to meet Sam. As there were no formal dinners or presentations that night, we went back to our motel for an early meal. I had heard from a number of people that the Saturday night soiree was an evening not to be missed. Due to business commitments, Sam needed to go home early the next morning and would unfortunately miss the soiree. I wanted to stay and attend.

… and that’s what happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment