Friday, May 27, 2022

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 35)

 Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

Working the Show... (Part Three)

8.    Huff and Puff!

Anyone that thinks setting up a bog booth is easy has either never done it or has “staff” to help them. Setting up a booth with a lot of products is even more “interesting”! For most of the shows we exhibited, it was just Judi and me. Fortunately, we loved what we were doing, so the hard work was worth it. We always took a great deal of pride in having a great looking booth!

 

9.    OMG!

When you are packing and planning for a show, sometimes you don’t anticipate the consequences! Unfortunately, this happened all too often! What I am talking about is too much product and too many boxes. It is nice to have extra products (lots) and it’s nice to really pack things well, but most shows don’t provide storage space! And, when you pay a lot for booth space, you want to use as much of it as possible for the display! I can remember many times thinking “what are we going to do! Where will all this stuff go!” It always seemed to work out eventually, but that didn’t stop the initial panic!

No comments:

Post a Comment