Friday, July 15, 2022

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 36)

 Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

The Biggies and More...

Judi and I have attended and volunteered at a number of fundraising auction dinners. These are a lot of fun and, of course, raise money for worthwhile causes. In the next few articles, I am going to tell you about two of the larger and more interesting fundraising dinners we have visited and about some of the funny things that we have seen at other fundraising auctions we have attended!

The Warren Michigan Banquet (Set-up - continued) ...

This was a huge banquet and a lot needed to be done to set the banquet hall up. The RGS staff had pre-organized everything back at their headquarters in Coraopolis, PA (a suburb of Pittsburg), so everything was well packed and well marked. Even though everyone (the RGS staff, not Judi and me) knew what needed to be done, it all still seemed to be mass confusion. Eventually the hall was set up and everything was in its place. Exhausted, we all headed to our hotel rooms to rest, clean up and later to eat. The plan was to arrive early the next morning to make any final adjustments that needed to be done. A little after noon, all the remaining tasks were completed, we were told by Sam to go and get some rest and then come back at about 4:00 pm. This, even though the doors wouldn't open until 6:30 pm. Judi and I went back to our rooms to rest and then get ready for the evening’s activities. We had no idea what was in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment