Friday, September 2, 2022

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 36)

Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

The Biggies and More...

Judi and I have attended and volunteered at a number of fundraising auction dinners. These are a lot of fun and, of course, raise money for worthwhile causes. In the next few articles, I am going to tell you about two of the larger and more interesting fundraising dinners we have visited and about some of the funny things that we have seen at other fundraising auctions we have attended!

National Rifle Association Annual Meeting (Pittsburgh)

The Annual Meeting of the National Rifle Association (NRA) is held each year in a different city and, it is always a BIG DEAL! The year we attended it was held in downtown Pittsburg, PA. We had been invited to the conference because our company did all the framing for the Friends of the NRA banquets (about a 1,000 in total). As you can imagine, it was a very large and important account to our company and it was important that we attend. Fortunately for us the conference was very well organized and there was very little we were asked to do to help.

The main event that we attended was an afternoon luncheon/auction. This was an event attended by several thousand people. Judi and I were just two of the many. Because our actual involvement was fairly limited, I’m not going to describe the luncheon in detail, but rather I'm going to give you some of the more “interesting” highlights of both the luncheon and the event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment