Friday, March 11, 2022

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 27)

 Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

Southeastern Wildlife Exposition … (Part One)

“It was a dark and stormy night…”

You remember the old “shaggy dog” story! Actually it wasn’t night at all. It was dark and stormy, but it was the morning. The night before we had planned on attending a great festival in eastern Ontario, the morning weather discouraged us from taking the 2 ½ hour drive. This left a big void in my plans. The festival was going to be the next event I was going to report on in my daily blog. So, I was left with a choice, stop writing or be creative. If I was to keep writing, what would I write about? Then it came to me. Why not write about the best festival that I have attended so far. A little over 6 years ago I attended the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE for the uninitiated) located in historic Charleston, South Carolina. It’s held every year in February. It includes a lot of different events, but it is best known for its wildlife art show. It attracts the best wildlife artists in the world. People from all over North America and beyond attend and I was one of them. I’ll tell you the story next week…

No comments:

Post a Comment