Friday, March 18, 2022

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 28)

Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

Southeastern Wildlife Exposition … (Part Two)

And We’re Off!

If I was going to travel (by car) 1,700km, I wanted to make sure I got my money’s worth. SEWE has a great benefactor’s program. For a very reasonable amount you can become a benefactor of the event. By doing this you receive a great benefits package. It included 2 tickets to all the events plus a few other small perks. They hold special events that only benefactors, dignitaries and artists attend. If you are interested in art and artists, (which I am) it’s a great way to get up close and personal. So, arms with tickets, a full tank of gas and some munchies, I set off on a beautiful sunny day. I had planned the trip there to be a leisurely drive. In fact, I was breaking up the long journey with a visit to my sister who lives in Charlottesville, VA… but that’s another story. After my brief visit, I continued south to Charleston. By now I did have a schedule, because I was meeting I business friend of mine from Pittsburgh in Charleston. He and I were going to enjoy the Exposition together. I finally met him about 30 miles outside of Charleston. This is such a popular event, that all the close accommodations were booked, so we had to opt for a commute, and commute we did… I’ll tell you all about it next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment