Friday, March 25, 2022

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 29)

 Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

Southeastern Wildlife Exposition … (Part Three)

SEWE

The Southeastern Wildlife Exposition is made up of a lot of events. Everything from art shows, to a Gala, to seminars and a huge BBQ. The perks for being a benefactor are that the benefactor show ready starts 2 days before the masses come. Sam, that’s my business friend who attended with me, and I arrived on Wednesday afternoon. We were just in time for the first benefactor’s event… an evening with the featured artist. The year we attended it was the internationally celebrated wildlife artist, John Seerey-Lester. If you have never seen his work, you really have certainly missed a lot! He is one of the best, if not the best wildlife artists in the world. Not only do you get to meet the featured artist, you get to mingle with and talk to all most of the other attending artists. It certainly was exciting for me to meet all these great artists. Many of whom were from Canada. Although I have worked with a number of talented artists over the years, I am still in awe of the art process and the artists who work everyday to produce it. The talent gathers that evening was mind boggling. This event includes “food and refreshments” … what a spread! It is a wonderful tribute to the organizers of SEWE that they “DO IT RIGHT” and this reception was proof positive. Since I had had a long day driving from Charlottesville, VA to Charleston, SC and Sam from Pittsburgh, we decided to leave early to get a good night’s sleep for the following day’s activities.
Good Night… talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment