Friday, October 21, 2022

INSIDE with the Festival Nomad (No. 38)

 Over the years I have attended, worked with and organized hundreds of festivals and events. With this new series, "INSIDE with the Festival Nomad", I want to give you an "inside" look at some of the festivals and events that I have been involved with or that I have visited. Along the way, I have had a lot of fun and sometimes frustration, but I have never been bored!

Back Door... (Part One)

During our travels, both as Festival Nomad’s and as fine art sales representatives, Judi and I have had the privilege of seeing things through the “Back Door”! As Festival enthusiasts, we have been able to talk to and interview many interesting and some famous people. I think Judi’s interview with Terry Grant, aka THE MANTRACKER, best illustrates this. However, as Fine Art travelers, I think our “Back Door” adventures were more spectacular! Take, for instance, our visit to the Vancouver Aquarium. At the Aquarium we were taken “underground”, behind the scenes, to see and experience the real workings of the aquarium and its residents. We saw how the fish and animals were fed; how they were cared for and how they lived. I was amazed by the number of pipes that ran underground! Ii looked like a tangled maze, but each served a specific function! The people at the Aquarium were amazing and took a great deal of pride in showing their facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment