Thursday, August 31, 2017

Fun and Games…

I like to go to festivals and events that have a lot of action and have interesting things to do and see! Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy art and craft shows. I really appreciate the talent and effort that goes into creating works of art, but ultimately I like action. The McCann Super Dog Show is a great example. Watching these wonderful animals perform near impossible tricks catches my attention. Judging by the number of people who turn out to watch these shows, I know I am not alone. Then there is the West Coast Lumberjack Show. This show is not only exciting; it is filled with zany humour! A while ago I was at the Toronto International Circus Festival. The aerialist show was dangerous and spectacular! Three talented aerialists manipulated their bodies on thin ribbons of cloth, thrilling the crowd below! The Gregor’s Crossing Medieval Faire was the most awe inspiring event we have seen so far! Four Knights compete in various medieval games, trying to out-best each other. The culminating event was the joust. This event is not for the faint of heart. Here the combatants go head to head in a REAL joust. Yes, they are protected by armor, but the lances are real and each Knight wants to best the other to win the event. Knight against Knight, charging towards each other at great speeds with their lances lowered! As they reach each other and make contact, splinters of wood fly everywhere! One Knight was hit by a lance on his helmet and got knocked off his horse. He lay there for quite some time recovering! Fortunately he wasn’t badly hurt, but it was definitely breath taking for the audience. Like I have said before, we enjoy and visit all kinds of festivals and events and we don’t deliberately seek action filled festivals, but it is great when we do find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment